Thursday, February 25, 2010

It is the Moon

Lately the moon has been very bright.
It was shining through my window last night.
I thought someone was shining a flashlight on me, trying to disturb my sleep.
But it was the moon.
I lose sleep.
So much sleep.
I wake to the brightness of the moon.
No, it's not the moon.
It's the sun.
But I thought it was the moon.
I need to sleep.
I put my eye mask on and return to sleep in the darkness.
I wake to noise.
What noise disturbs me?
The garbage truck?
Car doors are slamming?
Gun shots?
Could it be gun shots?
There are drunk people yelling.
But I need sleep.
I need to go to sleep.
Something is keeping me awake.
It is the moon.
It has been awfully bright recently.
It shines through my window.
Is it the sun?
No, not the sun.
Is it a flashlight?
No, not a flashlight.
It is the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment