Sunday, July 4, 2010

Coincidental Song

Just when I thought I was doing better today, that song plays at the bar
But you see that song isn't a mainstream song
It's not a song you hear in every bar you go to
It's a good song, nonetheless, but why did I have to be there when it played?
Why did it have to be on that CD you made?
Why did it have to be by your favorite band?
Why did it have to make me hold my head in my hands?
There's nothing like a song to pluck the pain in you heartstrings
There's nothing like a melody that can make your heart sing
But those songs that remind you of a happier time
Are the songs that make you cry when you thought you were fine

Now, you see these kinds of things I tend to read with wrongful hopes
And I know they are only but a coincidence
But sometimes I pray that there are no coincidences and there are only signs
Like the kind of sign that makes your heart jump in your throat
Like the kind of sign that could only mean one thing
That things are about to change
But when it comes to songs playing in a bar
There is nothing shouting to me that's it's a sign
Merely a coincidence

No comments:

Post a Comment