Friday, August 13, 2010

This Smile

How can I sleep with this smile on my face, with your face still etched in my mind?
When I talk to you all pain is erased and my heart flutters in the endless time
You know all the right things to say and how to keep my happiness afloat
You know how to brighten up my day and how to take the words straight from my throat
You do the small things that don't matter, but you know they do to me
My heart is yours on a platter, but you really don't see
But maybe you really do but that's just why you hide
You can see that I want you but you are simply too shy
Everyday I'll fight to the finish for what I really want, no matter the obstacles to take
Sometimes you'll see that I'm simply nonchalant, but know I'll never be fake
This smile is here for a reason, because it was put there for you
I'll be here for all seasons, no matter what I have to prove

1 comment:

  1. To answer your comment.. because a lot of things happened between that decision and this one, and it just is better for me and our situation. There have also been some changes that came with my major that I'm excited about, but I haven't fully committed to them.. we'll see. I still be a loyal Hawkeye though. :)

    ReplyDelete