Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm a Good Friend

I love my friends.
And I love being there for my friends.
I try to be the best friend anyone could have - it may sound like I'm trying to be an over achiever, but I like being there for someone when they need me.
I like the feeling of being needed.
I like the feeling of helping someone in need.
It makes me feel good that someone comes to me to talk to.
I'll always be there for my friends when they've been dumped.
When they want to go out.
When they have need a girl's night.
When they get engaged.
When they have a baby.
Or when they just need a friend to talk to them when they're feeling like the world is crumbling beneath them.
When they want to reminisce on the old memories.
Or when they need to forget about the past.
And I try to find the right words to say to make their day better.
I try to find the right words to say to make them feel better.
To make them get over an idiot that dumped them.
To make them know they're better without them because they are.
Because my friends are the best friends anyone could ask for, and when someone decides to leave their life, I know what to say.
I know in my head that they need to be with someone who wants to be with them.
I know in my head that the advice I give is true, but it's hard for them to accept because rejection sucks.
But even though I put on serious face...
Even though I let them know the advice I give is the advice I would follow...
Even though I make being okay look easy...
I'm not that strong.
I'm not made of bricks.
It takes me time to heal.
And sometimes I just want to cry.
Because I still miss him.
I still miss him even though I shouldn't.
I know I should be with someone who knows what he has when he has me.
And maybe that someone is still out there.
But it's hard for me to want to be with anyone else.
Because sometimes I don't want anyone else.
But I pretend to be okay.
I pretend like I'm fine with moving on.
I pretend like I have moved on.
Because my friends need me to help them through their pain.
Because my friends need someone to talk to.
Because my friends need a shoulder to cry on.
And I do that because I try to be a good friend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Just because I'm an emotional wreck doesn't mean I can't help you with your problems too, lady. Call me if you need me :) Anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this the day you posted it. Then I read postsecret and thought of you.

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/TJVbwVsJlcI/AAAAAAAANBo/IaiLZFxPcX0/s1600/thefriendweneed.jpg

    You're a good friend, Kacie. :)

    ReplyDelete