Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My City

The sun beams down on my back as I walk on the sidewalk. I remember taking this road, and that road. Down this hill and through this yard.
I remember stopping at this light and entering this door.
I remember the walks.
I remember the talks.
Three years ago this July will be the last time I remember summer here. Walking by the old capitol, taking the blue route, having to sneak out the back of the dorm to check out downtown when we weren't supposed to. Shopping off campus but returning just in time for out sessions.
I remember thinking, someday this will be mine. This is where I'm meant to be.
Three years ago this July I remember catching a bite at B Dubs and buying purses at the secondhand store. I remember the rings and the shocker luv.
I remember the study sessions in the brand new facility.
I can't believe it's been three years.
Three years ago this July I was saying this will be my school.
And now the time is finally here. Finally, this is my school.
This is my building.
This is my downtown.
This is my campus.
This is my city.
This is my Iowa City.

2 comments:

  1. JCAMP! Good times. Well besides the sessions. And the dorms. And the food. And the 6 hour Greyhound bus ride home. Anyway, I'm glad you've found a place to call your own. I wish I could have liked it as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, they were good times..minus all the stuff we actually came there to do haha

    ReplyDelete