Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Early Morning Raindrops

This obviously doesn't correspond with the date and time of the post.


It's nearly 2 AM and it's raining.
I can hear it lightly hit my window.
I can hear it run down the gutter.
It's nearly 2 AM and it's raining.
My body is tired and my eyes are drooping.
I'm hunched over sitting at my computer wondering why I'm still up.
I got much more sleep when my Internet was down.
It's nearly 2 AM and it's raining.
The pace in which it pours is constant.
It's dripping steadily.
No thunder.
No lightning.
And pitch black.
I much rather enjoy the rain on cloudy days so I can sit, watch, and listen to the drops.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
It's nearly 2 AM and it's raining.
I have class in the morning so, I don't know why my body fails to remove itself from this position.
I sit catching up the latest social network news.
Who did what.
Who did who.
I've missed out on a lot these past few weeks.
It's time to catch up on my creeping.
Don't deny it, everyone does it.
Sometimes I rely a little too much on the information online.
But that's what the world is coming to.
It's all technology.
It's all online.
It's 2 AM and it's raining.
I think it's time to unplug myself and catch up on my own life.
It's time to sit, watch, and listen to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment