Monday, June 15, 2009

You Have Chosen Door Number __!

6/1/09

In front of me, I've found three doors. And I know I'm risking a lot with these three doors. I'm not sure what is behind door number one.
It's big and the framing is sturdy. I can't tell if it's what I want. Although the floor mat says welcome in very bold letters, I'm afraid I'm just not curious enough to find what is behind it. There is nothing about it that calls, "Pick me!"
There is nothing about it that makes me interested.
Door number two is very intriguing. I'm very interested in what's behind it.
However, I feel like Alice in Wonderland when I try to open it. It simply is too small for me to walk into. And although I want to open it, it's locked so, there is no use really in attempting to open a locked door. So, all I have left is door number three.
This door has something that I like. It's familiar, like I've opened it before. It's welcome mat is simple and the perfect size. The door's frame has fine design and its size seems to fit.
I've opened it before, I'm sure of it. But what lies behind it is different from before. I can't tell if what is behind it now will make me feel better about my decision. Am I opening the right door? Will I regret it?
And if I do regret it, I think I can be okay with that.
Life has no regrets.
Just lessons learned for the next door to be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment