Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Music is Me

Push it.
Just push it.
Just push play.
Do it already!
I need to hear it.
I need to hear that song.
I need to.
I need to feel happy again.
It's the only thing that can.
It's the only thing that makes me feel normal.
That music.
It plays a melody straight in my heart.
It takes over my sadness.
It takes over my brain and my mind.
Don't press pause.
Don't press stop.
Just let it play.
Just let me listen.
Let the words ignite the fire.
Let the harmonies calm the storm.
Let the rhythm make my heart beat.
No, don't do it!
Don't let it stop.
Put it on shuffle.
Put it on repeat.
Let the record spin.
Let the CD spin.
Let the mp3 play.
Let the play list replay.
Shh...
Just listen.
Listen to the music.
Listen to the mood.
Let it sink in.
The music takes over my thoughts.
The music takes over my emotions.
The music takes over my life in this moment.
In this solitary moment.
The music is inside of me.
The music is me.
The music is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment