Monday, June 15, 2009

That Face

6/3/09

That face I knew before
Those eyes I've already seen through
Those cheeks I've brushed against with mine
Those lips I've kissed a dozen times
Those hands I've held and that neck I've caressed
Those ears I've whispered in
That smile once shone for me
Those words spilled from his mouth telling me what I wanted to hear
That heart, my heart soaked up every last phrase
That girl, this girl was once a victim of that face
A victim of those eyes
A victim of those cheeks
Those lips
Those hands
That heart
His mind
That girl once worried
This girl once knew what pain
That pain
Those tears once fell from that face
My face and from my eyes
That heart once full did break and that wall protecting it had fallen
But that face
Those lips
Those eyes
Are looking into her eyes
And her eyes
And hers...
Those hands are being held by her hands
That face
That charming, curious, and conniving face
Doesn't know this girl
Doesn't know this face
This face that smiles for the first time on its own
Without that face

No comments:

Post a Comment