Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nostalgia Part 2 - NIACC

I never realized how lame I am until I moved to Iowa City. Okay, I take that back.
Let's rephrase.
I feel like I don't belong here because I hardly ever do anything. One reason is because I don't have money to go out all the time and two is because I have less than a handful of friends here.
Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with them, but sometimes they're not available to do anything. Then I really start to miss NIACC.
A community college.
A place I never initially wanted to go to.
A place I'll never forget because of the experiences I had there.
I miss being in Singers and I miss performing with those people.
Those friends.
I miss my friends I met there.
We always did something whether it was a party, a movie night, or dinner, I always had things to do with my best friends.
And I miss that like crazy.
I barely see them.
I barely talk to them.
But I still care about them dearly.
And when we're back for breaks, I get excited to see them but for some reason that hardly happens and not as often as I'd like.
Attention!
I'm here!
I'm bored!
Let's hang out!
It feels like I'm being forgotten about.
I'm far away.
I'm at a school that only two people that I met at NIACC go to.
I want to see my friends!
It's a little too late for that now since school is back in session.
And when I wrote this, I still had a week left while everyone else was back in school.
Ugh!
Why do the majority of my friends go to UNI?!
I highly considered transferring there after NIACC but didn't because of one reason.
The School of Journalism and Mass Communications at Iowa.
It has been my plan since high school and I couldn't give that opportunity up.
But if I had my way, I'd have UNI have the same program so I could be close you guys.
My dear friends from NIACC.
I miss you like crazy and you have no idea.

3 comments:

  1. Dear you are sooo not forgotten!! I love you soo much and I am so proud of you for following your dream of going to Iowa for journalism. It's something you're gifted in! Stick with it! I'll always be here to support you.. even if we don't see each other that often!
    xx Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny...I was just thinking the same thing about my life at UNI. I miss you lots and lots and I'm hoping to make a trip down there to see you soon. If you're ever lonely, you can always call me!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kacie! I love you soooo much!! You are VERY talented and I'm excited to see where you go in life! Keep pushing forward! :) Norie

    ReplyDelete