Monday, April 26, 2010

Fallen in a Hole

There's a hole in my chest where my heart used to be, and I think I'm falling apart.
My air ways constricts, and my lungs are collapsing as I fight to breathe one small breath.
One day you're here and the next day you're gone, and it feels like the world is crumbling beneath me.
I close my eyes and I feel like it's a dream.
Air thrashes around me as I begin to fall.
Falling, I'm falling, it feels like I'm falling down into a bottomless pit, reaching towards the sky, but in darkness there is nothing to grab onto.
I kick and I scream for someone to come catch me, to come save me from this nightmare.
My chest pounds with pain and the air passes through the hole in my chest.
It whooshes through creating a sounds of women crying, of children screaming, and nails scratching a chalk board.
The sound is unbearable.
The pain is intolerable.
It's even harder to breathe.
As I'm falling I grasp my throat, only hoping I can catch my breath.
I try to scream but nothing comes out.
I hear a soft beating noise, the sound of a heart breaking.
The further I fall, the louder it gets.
Louder, louder...faster and faster.
It's right next to my ears, I can hear it so vividly.
Is this the end?
Am I finally to end of the hole?
I open my eyes and I'm no longer falling, I am lying on a cold, damp and hard floor.
The end has come upon me and I still fight to breathe.
The hole in my chest is bigger than ever, but I can still hear my heart pounding.
It was so loud before but now it's so faint I think it may be a figment of my imagination.
The beating stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment