Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grandma K. RIP 4/18/10

Today is a day to mourn.
A downward spiral.
It felt like a downward spiral.
Why cancer?
Why that monster?
Why twice?
Too soon.
Gone too soon.

Grandma let me do those dishes for you...
Grandma can I come visit this weekend with Breana?
Grandma can you give me that banana bread recipe?
Grandma can you make scalloped corn?
Grandma can you paint my nails?
I want them to be half pink and half white.
Grandma are you gonna keep this bottle?
Can I have it?
Grandma can I have the bunny on couch? I like the jewel.
Grandma can we go get hot chocolate and toast?
I want to go to the place!

I can't believe she's gone.
A waiting game.
Why did it turn into to a waiting game?
It's been a downward spiral since the cancer.
She survives.
She survives.
Not this time.
She survives.
She survives in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment