Friday, May 27, 2011

They Say Time Heals Everything, but I'm Still Waiting

It's been a year today that my heart was broken by someone I thought would never break it again.
Ever again.
And with Band Fest being this weekend, I can't decide if I'm sad because of what happened, or that I can't go.
Honestly, if I went, I feel like my memories would stir up worse than they already have.
It's not that I'm not over him, because I know in my heart he's not what I need to be happy....
It's the fact that I trusted him with my whole heart.
It's the fact that I gave up nearly all of me for him to love me back.
It's the fact that the one who you think is the one turns around and destroys your whole world.
It's the fact that the rejection still hurts sometimes.
A year ago today I cried a flood of tears - probably the most I've ever cried from being broken up with.
I'm still waiting for more time to go by where the sting of his words doesn't bring a tear.
I'm still waiting for more time to go by where I can be okay with being friends with him.
I'm still waiting for more time to go by where HE grows up and learns to be alone.
I'm still waiting for more time to go by where he realizes how much he gave up.
But what I'm waiting for the most is for someone to come along and sweep me off my feet.
I'm waiting to be rescued by someone who will make me realize how wonderful being with the right one really is.
I'm waiting to be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment