Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Etiquette Part 3 - The Grocery Store

The other day, I decided I wanted my favorite sandwich for lunch: the Papa's Club. But I decided I didn't want to go to Papa's to get it. So, I want to Hy-Vee to get the supplies. All I needed was tomato, lettuce, and bacon because I had all the other ingredients at home. And I realize those ingredients make a sandwich on their own, but it's not a BLT...anyway...Here is the list of things I bought: 2 bags of pre-made salad, a tomato, croutons, and bacon; that is five items.

Like in almost every grocery store and/or department store, there is at least one checkout lane for 10/12/20 items or less. At Hy-Vee there is one check-out lane for 12 items or less divided for 2 cashiers. They had one open, but I didn't really care because I can have the patience for someone with 12 items or less ahead of me. So, I took my 5 items to the proper lane, stopped, looked, and walked away angry.

I bet you can't guess why. Why would someone be angry and go to a different lane for 5 items? I'll tell you why.

Some FUCKING DOUCHE BAG who thinks he can get away with about 50 items in the the fucking express aisle.

Seriously? Are you that much of an ass hole that you can make people who have 5 items wait for your 50 items in the fucking express aisle? Can you not read the damn sign above that says in clear English 12 items or less? And even if you didn't see it, can't you see the others in line only have like a handful of items?But you should know what the first lane is for. Isn't it kind of taboo to not have the express aisle be the very first aisle? You NEVER see the express aisle 5 or 6 lanes in, do you? NO. It's called common knowledge and courtesy that you go to a regular aisle with your damn 50 items.

PS: It just makes you look like a total tool bag too in that aisle anyway.

Regardless of how irritated I was at this idiot, my sandwich was delicious. =]

1 comment:

  1. A good sandwich is worth a moment of high blood pressure any day.

    ReplyDelete