Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Etiquette Part 1 - Tipping Your Waiter

The other night, Marissa and I were talking about cheapos at works. No, I'm not talking about some new whole grain cereal, I'm talking about cheap people. Not just in general, but at restaurants particularly.

When having a dinner at a sit down restaurant, there is a certain etiquette one should know. Especially the restaurant I work at, which happens to be one of the ritziest in town, otherwise, expensive. So, those who come to have dinner have somewhat of a pre-disposed stereotype even before they order. If you come here to eat, you're expected to be prepared for a bill of at least $20 a person if you want a satisfying meal. If you're willing to pay that much on a meal, be prepared to spend the 15% gratuity for your server.

Most people who have a thick wallet do a good job at tipping. I've noticed, on the other hand, there are those who certainly do NOT know proper restaurant etiquette.

1 - Why the hell would you come to a restaurant of a pricey menu and not put down money for an actual meal? All you can afford is a salad? Really? You're going to spend $9 on a salad? Go to fucking McDonald's is you want to be cheap.

2 - Since you decided to not lay down that much money and get the damn salad, you'd think you could give your server a nice tip. But no, God forbid you spend more than $10 at a sit down restaurant. $1? Really? How pathetic.

I hate people who don't take into consideration that servers are getting paid with their tips. Reality check, tips aren't extra pocket money, it's part of their salary. People need to realize some manners and proper etiquette for restaurants.

Oh, and don't complain about the dimmed mood lighting at a fancy restaurant. It's for affect. It's not fucking Walmart.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha kacie, maybe you're just a shitty waitress. ;)
    I like this side of you. Love the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks...but i'm actually not a waitress...i'm just the hostesss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS!!! I could go on and on about dumb shit people do when they eat out but I'll save you the annoyance lol. I also like the last line...reminds me of MA

    ReplyDelete