Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No Fronts

I would be lying if I said there wasn't anything about him that I miss.
I want what we had before the pain, before the arguments, before the distance, and before the hidden demeanours.
But dwelling on the good times of the past disallows me to look ahead to the future.
Maybe he'll remain in it.
Maybe he won't.
Whatever the fates allow, I'm willing to deal with.
I'm willing to surrender my heart to someone worth sacrificing it to.
Someone who I can trust and should trust to cradel my heart with nothing but faith, hope, and love to give.
Not someone who puts on a front just to impress me for that first month and then reveal Mr. Hyde.
I want the good and the bad of someone who's worth it and will deal with my good and bad.
I don't want him.
I want what we had.
I want it in someone who wants it with me.
I want someone like that for the rest of my life.
I'm not saying I want it now, but someday.

One day at work, this very old couple came in. It was fairly busy and we had a bit of a wait to have anymore seating. They contemplated if that were going to wait, but they decided to leave. As they were leaving, they grabbed each other's hand and walked out the door.
It was the sweetest thing to see a couple that was probably in the 80's that still held hands. That's the first initial move to showing someone you like them and they're still doing it after the many years they've been together.
That just proves to me my views on universal love and how timeless it really is.
I want that timeless love. I want it without games and without lies.
Love has no boundries.
Love has no limits.
Love has no fronts.

3 comments:

  1. To let go is to fear less
    To let go does not mean to stop caring,
    it means you can't do it for someone else.
    To let go is not to cut yourself off,
    it's the realization you can't control another.
    To let go is not to enable,
    but allow learning from the past.
    To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means
    the outcome is not in your hands.
    To let go is not to try to change or blame another,
    it's to make the most of yourself.
    To let go is not to care for,
    but to care about.
    To let go is not to fix,
    but to be supportive.
    To let go is not to judge,
    but to allow another to choose his or her path.
    To let go is not to be in the middle, arranging all the outcomes,
    but to allow others to affect their destinies.
    To let go is not to be protective,
    it's to permit another to face life.
    To let go is not to deny,
    but to accept.
    To let go is not to nag, scold or argue,
    but instead to search out your own shortcomings and grow from them.
    To let go is not to adjust everything to your desires,
    but to take each day as it comes and cherish yourself in it.
    To let go is not to criticize or regulate anybody,
    but to try to become what you dream you can be.
    To let go is not to dwell on the past,
    but to grow and live for the future.
    To let go is to fear less.
    1 John 4:18
    Where there is God’s love there is no fear, for His perfect love takes away all fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you to whoever wrote that. it meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete