Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Revamp

PS I WROTE WAAAY LONG AGO.

So we're in the middle of Lent. The 40 days and 40 nights before Easter where people of the Catholic faith are to fast. Other people tend to have exceptions to this rule by giving up sweets, swearing, etc. But Lent is another excuse for a New Years resolution. It shouldn't be about giving something up for vanity reasons, it should be for a new start for being a better person, inside and out too.

This year I've decided to first of all not give up something, but start doing something. I've been through a lot this year and I've struggles through many obstacles. Writing how I feel and looking to my mom and friends for advise can only get me so far. It's time to refocus my faith by coming closer to God. I've been to church once in the past 5 years (rough estimate) and I've forgotten where I've come from and how I was raised.

I've also decided that I need to be a more happy person. For me to be happy on the inside, I need to rid myself of the things that make me unhappy. And yes, this deals with my appearance. I'm not trying to convince you that I have poor self-esteem and a twisted body image, but I do. But part of that is because I don't feel good about myself because I don't take care of my body like I used to. Part of my revamping is getting back into a regular workout routine which I've started recently.

Another is taking care of my skin. To do that, I've been using medications and a three step program my mom gets me from Clinique. I've also cut back on tanning. But also with those things, I'm not going to achieve what I want by crappy eating habits. I've cut back on Double Stacks and 5 piece chicken nuggets from Wendy's, which will also save me money. So, I'm revamping my faith, my health, and next my mind set on other people.

A while back I was caught in a nasty, drama induced debacle and by my own fault. I've learned since that, talking shit about people isn't going to make you very many friends. I'm through dealing with drama that doesn't have to involve me because I have enough stress on my shoulders as it is. None of it will matter soon and it's just a waste of my time and my brain.

And I'm realizing also that I can be too quick to judge. I hate it when I'm judged without people getting to know me, so it's not fair that I do that same.

So, there you go - my three goals to be achieved during Lent and hopefully they'll last even after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment