Friday, December 3, 2010

Love Song for No One (#2)

*I didn't mean to steal the title of a JM song, it just happened*

Lock me up inside in your heart
That's where I'll feel safe from harm
Trust me when I draw you near
You, too, will be safe right here
Someone out there is writing a song about us
With lyrics that other people can discuss
Perfect lyrics showcasing our love
A love that others are jealous of
Don't be afraid of me hurting your feelings
Because I'm a person who's used to healing
Healing broken hearts of yours and mine
We could be great if you gave it time
Someone's playing melodies on a guitar
While puffing away on a Cuban cigar
Breathing it in and singing a song
Singing about us can't be wrong
Let's runaway where we can be alone
We can reap all of what's been sewn
We're safe in each others arms
Listening to the love song for no one

...But us

No comments:

Post a Comment