Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Final Words

In the words of Coldplay from the song, "The Scientist":
"Nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard. Oh, take me back to the start."
As I wrote my final column for the NIACC Logos, I used that song as an inspiration.
For those graduating, it may be the final time that any of us see some of the people we've grown to love.
At first, I didn't want to go to NIACC but I am glad I did. Not only did I save money and get a sufficient base to my college education, in the two years I have been here, I have met some of my best friends and I'm not just saying that.
"It's such a shame for us to part..."
I have a right to say that because it truly is a shame. My friends I knew from NIACC will always have a place in my heart, and I'll miss them terribly, (you know who you are).
While I think about who I will see in the future, I think about how hard it will be to see them once in a blue moon.
No one said leaving behind the memories from NIACC was going to be easy, and sometimes I wish I could go back to the start to spend more time with those I care about; those that I will have to travel some distance if I want to see them again.
I've grown close to a handful of people because of NIACC, and I am grateful I've met them. I don't know what I will do without them next year because none of us will be going to the same school. However, I have no doubt in my mind that our friendship will end because of that.
The summer is all that is left to see the faces I care about the most, but after that, who knows what will happen.
But whatever happens, I'm thankful for coming to NIACC where I,will have this summer, achieved an AA degree, saved some money, and met the best friends anyone could ask for. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw I love this! I'm sad that I won't be able to work with you anymore after this summer :( This is like high school graduation all over again...

    ReplyDelete