Sunday, April 19, 2009

Summer Thrill

I don't know what to do anymore with these lonely nights
Sometimes I feel like I can't move on, I can't win this fight
No more crying and no more worries
There's nothing more, there is no hurry
I know from these tears, I know from this heart
A pain like this keeps me falling apart
What will I do without you near?
What will I do without you here?
I never knew what being strong was until I didn't know how to do it
I didn't know a heart could break until you put me through it
Tell me how to let my sorrow waste away
I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say
That summer heat won't feel the same without you by my side
My hand in the wind won't feel the same as it does when we ride
When we ride in your car
I couldn't care where we'd go or how far
Like going to the pond or to the fire
Where we could feel each other's desire
But that fire is dead, the heat is cool
The summer is cold and I'm left looking like a fool
A fool who feels like she's wasted her time
(Who never wrote down the very next line)
But that time we had together stood perfectly still
And it was all because you were my summer thrill

No comments:

Post a Comment