Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Fear

Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling...I just had a lot of thoughts going on at once.


A few weeks ago, someone anonymously posted a poem and a bible verse on my blog entitled "No Fronts." It's a mix of wanting the good parts of a past relationship and wanting a love that has no fronts.
Whoever posted that comment could tell in my writing that a part of me still isn't over that person. The poem posted is entitled "Letting Go." The line that stuck in my head was: "To let go is to fear less and love more."
Whoever posted it, hit me right on the nose. That is just it, I do fear. And the bible verse from I John 4:18 says, "Where there is God’s love there is no fear, for His perfect love takes away all fear."
But the thing is I know I shouldn't fear because like I said in my poem "In His Hands," "It's In His hands now because I let it be. Because I know he knows what's best for me."
I want to be fearless of what my love life has yet to be, but I fear that what I had before will never happen again. It was one of the best relationships (official or not), that I've been in. It was also one with many obstacles, but we were willing to work through them, and for the longest time, we did.
That's why I'm afraid to let go. We were able to get through rough patches. But it seems everyone else is fine with a strike when a curve ball is thrown. Why are people so willing to take the easy road when the road gets rocky? Why are people so afraid of taking chances on something that takes effort? It's because they don't want to. They want to see if something easy will come along. They wait for a romance that has no imperfections.
But when something that seems to good to be true comes along, they start looking for those imperfections. But what if that's it? What if what is too good to be true isn't? What if that's what God has brought to you? What if the fear of losing something too good to be true exists. You're too afraid that it will end and never happen again. Why can't people let love have no fronts? Why do people have to question what is real and what feels right?
Why can't I let go of the fear of never being able to find something good again?
It's because my fear makes me question what feels right.
It's because my fear makes me feel in control.
It's because my fear disables me from letting go and loving more.

1 comment:

  1. You have the power to let go. Promise. The past can leave you wondering, but you can't let it absorb your present or your future. By letting go, YOU are in control. Holding onto fear does not give you control, rather it controls you.
    Getting Past Your Past
    Too many let the past dictate their future.
    Too many of life's precious moments are lost dwelling in the past.
    Don't do that -- get past your past.
    We all have a past.
    We all have a future.
    Continuing to reflect upon your past will bring tears, pain, and confusion -- get past your past.
    Your future should have no room in it for such tears and pain.
    Maybe you have been allowing a feeling to control and determine your destiny.
    Don't do that.
    Maybe you think some people have fears and others don't.
    Don't think that.
    The truth is that fear comes to everybody.
    What we do in spite of that fear makes the difference between VICTORY and DEFEAT in our lives.
    Get past your past -- and victory will be yours.
    Your eyes will be opened to opportunities if you dare to get past your past.

    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not...for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.

    ReplyDelete