Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's MY Door

Mr. Opportunity must like skipping my door.
He never knocks.
If he did, I would open it.
I'd give a long awaited, warming welcome.
He likes to walk up to the stairs...
But he hesitates and leaves.
Then he goes to the person's house with whom he's used to and comfortable.
He likes to give opportunities to people who have already had them.
Multiple times.
Multiple chances.
But noooooooo...not me.
Not someone who actually deserves a chance for once.
Not one damn chance.
But wait!
Is that who I think it is?
Do you hear him?
He's at MY door!
This is epic!
I opened the door.
Finally, it's MY turn.
It's MY door being knocked on.
But somehow, I put myself in jeopardy.
I must now compete with the door that always gets knocked on.
But that's not fair.
It's my turn.
It's MY door.
Mr. Opportunity knocked on MY door!
And it's for the first time.
What if he forgets about my door?
But how could he forget?
How could he forget he knocked on MY door?
Oh...I know...
It's because he's not used to my door being knocked on.
He forgot that he gave me an opportunity.
But it's my opportunity.
It's MY door.

1 comment:

  1. I think the next time Mr. Opportunity comes up your stairs, you should open the door, run out and kick him in the sack, screaming "EFFF YOU!!! IT'S MY LIFE!"

    On a serious note: I like how this was written in poetic form. I like your poems, too.

    ReplyDelete