Monday, April 6, 2009

The Sun

This is not spring, it is death awaiting to be woken
The leaves no longer hug the trees
The ground is brown and lifeless
The wind doesn't sway the grass
It doesn't blow the dandelions
It doesn't cool the hot days because there are none
The sun is hiding behind the clouds
It can't bare to see the earth like this
But I need it
I need the sun to come out
I need to feel the warmth again
I need to hear children playing in the park
I need to see flowers blooming that color my world
I want to touch the greens, the yellows, the reds, and the blues
Half the clouds are dark and half the clouds are white fluff
They tell me spring is coming
They tell me the sun is coming
But the dark clouds won't let it
They scare the sun away
But it doesn't realize I need it
I need it to come back
It's the only thing that makes me smile
It's the only thing that puts life in my eyes
I need it to be brave
I need it to forget about what the dark clouds say
The sun is too powerful to let them defeat it
The sun is the one thing that warms my heart
It's the only thing that brightens my day
It's the only thing that can make my world feel whole
It's the only thing that doesn't realize it's wanted
The sun is wanted again
Bring back the happiness and heat I once felt before winter
Bring back the fever
Bring back the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment