Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Glee

When I first heard about Glee, it was about 2 or 3 months before it even aired. I watched the pilot on Hulu and immediately fell in love with it. Why? Because I'm a show choir nerd.

Starting my senior year I was in show choir - in the Mohawk Chorale for Follies, because I love singing and dancing. While before then I was in dance and choir for most of my life, combining the two was probably one of the best decisions I ever made to do in my life.

When I got to NIACC, I tried out for the show choir there, didn't make it at first, but stayed in the concert choir because I loved singing anyway. Two weeks later, a spot opened up and I was in. And I'm not just saying this, but being in the NIACC Singers was probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I made amazing friends - the best friends I could probably ever have, doing and sharing a same passion as me - and I was doing something I truly loved.

After two years and our final performance, I bawled my eyes out because I was so sad it was over. But now that I'm not in show choir anymore, Glee has filled that part of my heart that was missing when my show choir career ended - for lack of a better term - it was missing glee. As some may know, I haven't been in the best mood lately, and as cheesy as it sounds, when I watch Glee, everything that I'm sad about is erased from my mind. It's just me and the characters, enjoying what they're doing and just being completely happy watching it. I couldn't ask for anything more. I own nearly every single song and when I'm feeling down, I listen to the music, and I'm happy again.

I can't imagine going through life without something that makes me as happy as music, dancing, and singing does for me. And I feel sorry for those who haven't found something like that. I'm not always a happy person, but with those sorts of things in my life, I am.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I need to watch Glee. I am always working so I never have time and now that Idol is over, I don't even turn on the TV. When you buy the DVD collection, hand it over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely agree!!! 100%!
    NIACC singers changed my life!! :)
    Glee reminds me of all the fun times I had in it!
    I LOVE GLEE!!!

    ReplyDelete