Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sad is Easy, Happy Takes Work

I'm going to put on a happy face and smile.
I'll pretend like I'm okay.
That's what people want.
No Debbie Downers near.
Don't want to rub off my sadness to others.
But trying to be happy when you're not takes work.
It's easier to be sad.
It's easy to cry and listen to sad songs.
But I'm not going to listen to sad songs.
I'm going to put on a happy song like "Love Today" by Mika.
How can you be sad listening to that song?
Oh, I can, trust me.
It's easy.
It's easier to be sad.
It's easy to cry while listening to happy songs.
But I even have a playlist called Feel Good Music for when I want to feel happy.
I have songs like "My Girl" by the Temptations and "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners on it.
But it's not really working right now.
I also have a Crying Music playlist.
With songs like "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" by John Mayer and "Gone" by *NSYNC.
It's just easier to listen to that playlist and cry.
Ironically, "Smile," the Glee version of the Charlie Chaplin song started playing while I typed this.
"Smile, though your heart is aching, smile even though it's breaking, when there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by, if you smile through your pain and sorrow, smile and maybe tomorrow, you'll see the sun come shining through for you."
They're very wise lyrics, a very true song for the way I'm feeling right now.
So I'll smile through my sadness, because being sad is a waste of time.
Even though it's a bit easier to be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment