Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just the Rain

There's a thunderstorm going on
It's been going on for days now
I'm not sure when it'll stop
The lightning flashes
And I count the seconds until the thunder hits
One... two... three... four... five... six
It's not that close but I can feel it getting louder
The rain is pouring hard
There's another storm brewing
I count the seconds until the thunder hits
One... two... three... fo...
It's getting closer
I can feel it
I wish a tornado would come
Wouldn't that be exciting?
No, that would not be exciting
If it just hovered and didn't touch down
Yeah, that would be exciting
Lightning flashes
One... t...
It's here
It's been raining for days
The thunder pounds until I'm scared
I'm so scared
What's there to fear?
Thunder is just a noise
The lightning is what hurts
And oh does it hurt
What if a tornado came and sucked up the lightning?
Then there would be no thunder
Just the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment