Thursday, June 10, 2010

Time Heals

They say time heals all wounds, but it's really not true. If you continue to dwell on what happened, time passing by will never simply allow you to feel better, it'll only make things worse. That's what I'm having a hard time with right now - getting through this heartache I'm going through right now. By continuing to think about the future and how hard it may be, only makes me hurt more. And having this sort of hope in the back of my mind that things will get better is making me feel worse. I keep debating with myself about what the final outcome is going to be like. Things will get better in time if you let them. But if you keep thinking - when will I finally feel better? - when am I finally going to be okay with this? - it'll just be harder to reach that goal of happiness. Time doesn't heal all wounds, it may very well prolong the pain, but if you can learn to let go of your pain, then happiness will come faster if you let it. Now, if only I could listen to my own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment