Sunday, June 6, 2010

Without You

Without you, there are pieces of me missing
The part of my arms that bend when I used to wrap them around you are gone
The part of my feet that make me stand on my toes when I kiss you are shattered
Without you, there are pieces of me missing
My fingers that interlock with yours are broken into bits
My nails that would scratch your head when I massaged it are filed down to stubs
Without you, there are pieces of me missing
The pucker to my lips falls flat without yours to kiss back
My head that I would rest on your shoulder while we watched TV no longer tilts to the right
But pieces of my heart are still together
They're still beating for you
The pieces that make up my heart don't belong to me
Their with you
But without you, my heart hurts and pieces feel like their crumbling
Come to me and keep my heart from missing its pieces


No comments:

Post a Comment