Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back in Time

Turn back the clock to half past sorrow and a quarter to happy
When the sun was still rising and the clouds were thinning out
Back to the day when the rain was warm and the leaves crunched beneath my feet
I miss those days
When the breeze was mild enough to cool the air and chilled enough to shiver your skin
Back to when "I miss you" was a constant ringing in my ear
Turn back the clock to spinning whirls of winds that churned up the dirt and dead leaves
Back when the sun soaked my hair and my skin was still moist
Back before I gave you my all and I still had strength
Back to when you were kind
When you were still mine
But perhaps you were never mine to begin with
But I'd still like to pretend you were
I like to pretend that I could be the only one you could ever want
I want to go back there when I felt you were mine even if you weren't completely
Back to lazy days in a cozy basement in the afternoons
Back to admiring the view of your face next to mine
Back to Autumn
Back to happy
Back to you
And the real me
The me who longs to be back in time with just you

No comments:

Post a Comment