Saturday, January 17, 2009

Believing

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 1:02pm

Tell me everything's going to be alright, and I'll believe you.
I want to believe, but I can't.
I can't allow myself to open my heart like that.
I keep this shell around me because I know you can't break it.
No matter how hard you try, it can't break.
I won't let it.
This is my way for protecting myself from pain.
The pain I know you exude.
Lovers of the past sing songs in your heart.
Melodies which I cannot compete against.
The words are too powerful.
Therefore, I give up.
I cannot win against those words because the words reflect your heart.
The heart I long to capture, yet, I can't.
I've come to realize this and that's the foundation of my shell.
The pain I've felt and the realization you can never be mine completely, make up the walls.
And that's why you'll never be able to break it.
It's composed of you.
The only way to break it, is to break yourself.
Open up to me and I'm all yours.
Don't be afraid because everything's going to be alright.
You just have to believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment