Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For the Love of Broadway [Part 2]

In the song In His Eyes from Jekyll and Hyde the line "love is worth forgiving for" I completely agree with.

If there is someone in your life that you feel is necessary to continue to have them there, they will be. There is nothing in the world that could make you hate them. When someone does wrong, you forgive them. The one instance that doesn't work is infidelity, then they don't deserve your love and forgiveness. But when there is that special bond of love, it's worth to forgive.


In the song Written in the Stars from Aida the first part of the song really speaks to me, but especially the line "I will think, or dream of you and fail to understand how a perfect love can be confounded out of hand." Which I think means: you can be in a relationship that is going so well, but then something happens that ruins it and there is nothing you can do about it, which really sucks. I've been there. You fight so hard because you care so much, but you lose anyway.


In Hairspray, the song Without Love has simple analogies on what life would be like without love. "Without love, life is rock and roll without a drummer." In a band, I believe that in order for a song to be good, it needs a steady beat. The drummer is what gives a band it's backbone. For a good rock song, you do need a good guitarist, bassist, singer, etc. but the drum part in a song gives it something to be founded on. Every song has rhythm. The drums allow any song an opportunity to flow. It keeps everyone on the same wave. If the drummer messes up, then the whole song gets off. One wrong beat can stick out like a sore thumb. That's why without a drummer the band is incomplete.Without love, life is incomplete. Love is everywhere. Love is in everything. You don't have to be in love to love. You can still have a love for something or someone regardless your relationship status. If you don't love something, what are you living for? Without it, life is just a thing to finish and not enjoy. I don't understand how someone could go through life without love. Love is everything. Love is universal. Love is the best thing in the world.


The song Your Eyes from Rent, has one the most moving lines in a song I can think of. Every time I hear it, I choke up. Every time. "I should tell you, I should tell you, I have always loved you, you can see it in my eyes." It's just that the way he sings it, you know that he's realized how much Mimi means to him. It makes me wonder, does distance or a personal crisis really make people realize the person they were once with or the person they're having a hard time with mean more to them than they thought? Can't you just be happy with that one person and know the true meaning of their love without something bad being involved?

No comments:

Post a Comment